Every year we make a donation to a tree-related charity, to offset the costs and effects of our printing processesthroughout the year. This year, we chose Tree Sisters, who do amazing work in replanting and repopulating forests to restore important ecosystems.
Tree Sistersis a global network of women who donate monthly to fund the restoration of tropical forests as a collective expression of planetary care. Their goal is to continue to ensure increasing protection against the extremes of climate change in multiple regions of the tropical forest belt. The charity does this in ways that recreate and restore natural forest ecosystems, using indigenous species,fostering local knowledge and skills, and promoting women’s participation.
Tree Sisters channels 80 per cent of member donations to exemplary existing reforestation organisations in the tropics with whom they partner to restore ecosystems. The remaining 20 per cent of funds goes towards their work with women to effect behavior change and a consciousness shift, as well as reinstating feminine leadership and normalising collective ownership of planetary restoration.
Recent articles you may like...
Benefitting From Work Experience
Robyn Taylor, one of our regular activity coordinator columnists, talks about how to ensure the time a work experience student...Read More
Postcards Of Kindness
We love this thoughtful and heartwarming idea from a care home, which has turned into a national movement of making...Read More