World Alzheimer’s Day is a yearly, global campaign to raise awareness of, educate and encourage support of Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
Living with dementia brings huge challenges, but campaigns such as World Alzheimer’s Day provide knowledge, advice and much-needed support to people living with dementia, as well as their friends, family and those that care for them.
As the nation’sleading provider of reminiscence activities for the elderly and people living with dementia, our resources are enjoyed by a readership of thousands every single day.Our resources relate to a world that many people live in – a world which we view as the past, but which is often their experience of reality. Our resources trigger memories of that world, subsequently prompting conversation, boosting self-esteem and enabling connection.
By using the Daily Sparkle you are already taking steps towards supporting people living with dementia. But there are many other ways to get involved in the annual event…
- Become a Dementia Friend to start making a difference today
- Improve your understanding of dementia
- Make the voices of dementia stronger – registeras a member of the 3 Nations Dementia Working Group
- Share tips for living with dementia and build a network of support
- Spread the word – use the hashtag #WorldAlzheimersDay on your social media posts on 21st September
- Make a charitable donation or arrange a fundraiser in your workplace or community
- Share your story to inspire and support others – email to